Aquino, Diocel Harold M.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of the Philippines, 2009
- M.S. Civil Engineering (Structural), University of the Philippines, in progress
Diocel Harold Aquino is an Assistant Professor at the UP Institute of Civil Engineering. He has done various researches on resilience of structures to severe winds, floods, earthquakes, and fires, post-disaster structural assessment, and also suitable shelters and evacuation centers. He has been involved in providing technical assistance in the aftermath of the flash floods caused by Typhoon Sendong in Iligan City, Negros and Bohol earthquakes, and Typhoon Yolanda. He is a research and extension affiliate at the UP National Engineering Center – Building Research Service. At present, he is pursuing Ph.D. in Civil Engineering at the University of Auckland, studying the socioeconomic effect of building regulations on severe wind resilience.
- Forensic Evaluation of Temperature History For Fire-Damaged Concrete Using an Ordinary Digital Camera: Case Study of the Burned Palma Hall Pavilion II, UP Diliman
- Aquino, D.H.M., Castro, P.P.M., Pacheco, B.M., Villalba, I.B.O., Macuha, R.N., Suiza, R.M. 2015. ‘A Component-Based Method for Developing Flood Vulnerability Curves of Structures’. 9th Asia Pacific Structural Engineering and Construction Conference and 8th ASEAN Civil Engineering Conference (conference proceedings), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, November 3-5, 2015.
- Aquino, D.H.M., Hernandez, J.Y. Jr., Robles, E.A.D. 2015, ‘Development of Fragility Curves for Self-Supporting Trussed Towers in the Philippines Considering Severe Wind Loads’, International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering (ICOCEE) – Cappadocia 2015 (conference proceedings), Nevsehir, Turkey, May 20-23, 2015.
- Aquino, D.H.M., Bartolome, C.T. & Tanchuling, M.A.N.. 2014, ‘Estimating Flood-induced Disaster Waste Generation in Philippine Residential Areas’, 7th ASEAN Environmental Engineering Conference (conference proceedings), Puerto Princesa, Philippines, 21-22 November 2014.
- Aquino, D.H.M., Tanchuling, M.A.N., Santos, K.C.T. & Malaluan, L.A. 2014, ‘Evaluating the perception on the adequacy and quality of water and sanitation services in public school buildings used as evacuation sites and benchmarking against established international standards’, presented at the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers 2014 National Midyear Convention, Baguio City, Philippines, 5-7 June 2014.