De Guzman, Lucille Elna P.
- B. Sc. Agriculture, University of the Philippines Los Banos
- M. Sc. Agronomy, University of the Philippines Los Banos
- PhD Agronomy, University of the Philippines Los Banos
Lucille Elna Parreno-de Guzman is a University Researcher in the Crop Science Cluster, College of Agriculture, University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB). She finished her MS and PhD in Agronomy major in Seed Technology (2000) and Crop Physiology (2010), respectively, at UPLB. She handled a multi-disciplinary group that implemented a DA-BAR-funded project on Documentation of Indigenous Knowledge for Climate Change Adaptation as co-project leader. The project covered five provinces (i.e., Batanes, Palawan, Iloilo, Leyte, and Davao) and eight indigenous peoples’ groups (i.e., Ivatans, Tagbanua, Ati, Suludnon, Waray, Matigsalug-Manobo, Bagobo-Klata and Bagobo-Tagabawa). An article entitled Sustainable agricultural production systems for food security in a changing climate in Batanes, Philippines was one of the publications that resulted from this project which was published in the Journal of Developments in Sustainable Agriculture in 2014.
Dr. de Guzman is the senior author of the module on Sectoral climate change impacts: Agriculture of the USAID and World Food Progamme-funded project on Enhancing and Strengthening the Capacity of SUCs and LGUs in Mainstreaming DRRM-CCA in Local Planning. She is a member of the UPLB Climate Risk Studies Center as one of the representatives of the College of Agriculture. She has also served as resource speaker in various fora on climate change adaptation with focus on agriculture.
1. Documentation of Indigenous Knowledge for Climate Change Adaptation; Project funded by DA-BAR (May 5, 2011 – January 31, 2016)
2. de Guzman, LEP, JO Coladilla, YA Sucol, M Na. 2015. Module 6B. Sectoral climate change impacts: Agriculture. Enhancing and Strengthening the Capacity of SUCs and LGUs in Mainstreaming DRRM-CCA in Local Planning. USAID, UPLB and World Food Progam. May 2015. 39 slides
3. de Guzman LEP, OB Zamora, JPP Talubo and CDV Hostallero. 2014. Sustainable agricultural production systems for food security in a changing climate in Batanes, Philippines. Journal of Developments in Sustainable Agriculture. 9(2):111-119. http://doi.org/10.11178/jdsa.9.111. Released on J-STAGE 20141122.
4. Tatlonghari, RV, GLM Nelson, OB Zamora, LEP de Guzman, MVO Espaldon and JPP Talubo. 2013. Indigenous Knowledge, Rituals and Adaptation Practices: Enhancing Climate Knowledge Systems, Linking Research to Action. In: Proceedings of the 2nd National conference on Climate Change: Linking Knowledge to Action held at the Traders Hotel Manila, 26 September 2013. p. 65.
5. Zamora, OB, LEP de Guzman, GLM Nelson, RV Tatlonghari, MVO Espaldon, JPP Talubo and MRBQ Inzon. 2012. Documenting and Promoting Indigenous Agricultural Knowledge and Climate Change Adaptation in Selected Areas in the Philippines: Towards Enhancing Community-Level Food Security. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation for Food and Environmental Security. SEARCA, College, Los Banos, Laguna. 21 November 2012. p. 36.