Perez, Gay Jane P.
Institute of Environmental Science & MeteorologyCollege of Science
UP DilimanPostdoctoral Fellow, NASA GSFC Hydrospheric and Biospheric Sciences Laboratory
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of the Philippines, 2009
- M.S. Physics, University of the Philippines, 2005
- B.S. Applied Physics, 2003
- GJ Perez and C Saloma, "Allelomimesis as escape strategy of pedestrians in two-exit confinements," Physica A 388 pp. 2469-2475 (2009).
C Saloma and GJ Perez, "Herding in real escape panic," PED 2005 – Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics, pp. 453-461 Springer (2006).
- C Saloma, GJ Perez, M Lim, G Tapang, C Palmes Saloma, "Self organized queueing and scale free behavior in real escape panic," Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, pp. 11947 11952 (2003).
- GJ Perez, G Tapang, M Lim and C Saloma, "Streaming, disruptive interference, and power law behavior in the exit dynamics of confined pedestrians," Physica A 312/3 4 pp 609 618 (2002).
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA 2011
- Poster presentation: "The Changing Philippine Vegetation and Associated Impacts of Temperature and Precipitation" by GJ Perez and JC Comiso
NASA Carbon Cycle and Ecosystem Joint Science Workshop 2011 Alexandria, Virginia, USA
- Poster presentation: "Monitoring Changes in Philippine Vegetation Cover from 2000 to 2011" by GJ Perez and JC Comiso
- AMSR-E Science Team Meeting, Asheville, North Carolina, USA
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) Chapman Conference on Climates 2011
- Past Landscapes and Civilizations, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
- Poster presentation: "The Changing Philippine Vegetation Cover and Climate as Observed from Space " by GJ Perez and JC Comiso
- Hands-on Research on Complex Systems, Institute for Plasma Research 2008 Ganhinagar, Gujarat, India
- Oral presentation: "Herding behavior in Real escape panic" by GJ Perez and C Saloma
Other Academic Information
- MDOST-ASTHRDP Postdoctoral Fellowship (May 2010)
- DOST-PCASTRD Outstanding Dissertation in Advanced S&T – Physics (2009)
- Dean's medallion for excellence in PhD studies (2009)
- Most Outstanding PhD graduate in Physics (2009)
- University of the Philippines Presidential Scholarship (2005-2009)