San Diego-McGlone, Maria Lourdes
Marine Science InstituteCollege of Science
- B.S. Chemistry, University of the Philippines
- M.S. Oceanography, University of the Philippines
- Ph.D. Chemical Oceanography, Old Dominion University, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Jacinto, G.S., L.P.A. Sotto, M.I.S. Senal, M.L. San Diego-McGlone, M.T.L. Escobar, A. Amano, T.W. Miller. 2011. Hypoxia in Manila Bay, Philippines during the northeast monsoon. Marine Pollution Bulletin doi:10.1016/j.marpolbul.2011.02.026.
- Santander-De Leon, S.M.S., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, W. Reichardt. 2010. Impact of polychaete infauna on enzymatic protein degradation in marine sediments affected by intensive milkfish farming. Aquaculture Research 1-7 DOI:10.1111/j.1365-2109.2010.02608.x.
- Cardenas, M.B., P.B. Zamora, F.P. Siringan, M.R. Lapus, R.S. Rodolfo, G.S. Jacinto, M. L. San Diego-McGlone, C. L. Villanoy, O. Cabrera, M.I. Senal. 2010. Linking regional sources and pathways for submarine groundwater discharge at a reef by electrical resistivity tomography, 222Rn, and salinity measurements. Geophysical Research Letters Vol 37, L16401, DOI:10.1029/2010GL044066.
- Padilla, L.V., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, R.V. Azanza. 2010. Exploring the potential of clay in mitigating Pyrodinium bahamense var. compressum and other harmful algal species in the Philippines. J. Appl. Phycol. DOI 10.1007/s10811-010-9517-7.
Tentia, M.C. and M.L. San Diego-McGlone. 2008. Organic matter distribution in the sediments of fishfarm areas in Bolinao, Pangasinan. UPV Journal of Natural Sciences 13 Suppl:108-115.
- Datoc, M.F.T., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, G.S. Jacinto. 2008. Chlorophyll, nutrients, and primary productivity in the Bicol Shelf area. UPV Journal of Natural Sciences 13 Suppl:193-204.
- White, P., M.L. San Diego-McGlone. 2008. Ecosystem-based approach to aquaculture management. Science Diliman 20(2):41-50.
Santander, S.M.S., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, W. Reichardt. 2008. Indicators of diminished organic matter degradation potential of polychaete burrows in Philippine mariculture areas. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 91(3):295-300.
- Hayashi, M., T. Yanagi, M.L. San Diego-McGlone. 2008. Seasonal variations of nitrogen cycling in Manila Bay. Proceedings of the 18th (2008) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Vancouver, Canada, July 6-11, 2008.
- San Diego-McGlone, M.L., R.V. Azanza, C.L. Villanoy, G.S. Jacinto. 2008. Eutrophic waters, algal bloom and fish kill in fish farming areas in Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 57:295-301 (Winner Best Published Paper in Marine Fisheries, E.O. Tan Memorial Award, Los Baños Science Community Foundation, Inc.)
- San Diego-McGlone, M.L., G.S. Jacinto, D.O. Padayao, I.B. Velasquez. 2008. Eutrophication and its cause/consequences: The case of the Philippines. In Asia-Pacific coasts and their management. States of Environment. Springer.
- Reichardt, W.R., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, G.S. Jacinto. 2007. Organic pollution and its impact on the microbiology of coastal marine environments: A Philippine perspective. Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution 4(1):1-9.
- Jacinto, G.S., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, W. Reichardt. 2007. Chemical aspects of eutrophication in mariculture areas in the Philippines. In: Reichardt, W. DAAD Conference Proceedings: Challenges of Applied and Environmental Microbiology in Marine Science. Marine Science Institute, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
- Hayashi, M., T. Yanagi, M.L. San Diego-McGlone. 2006. Nitrogen cycling in Manila Bay during dry and rainy seasons. Coastal Marine Science 30(1):49-53.
Jacinto, G.S, I.B. Velasquez, M.L. San Diego-McGlone, C.L. Villanoy, F. Siringan. 2006. Chapter 18 – Biophysical environment of Manila Bay – then and now. In E. Wolanski (ed) The Environment in Asia Pacific Harbors, Springer.
- Padilla, L.V., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, R.V. Azanza. 2006. Preliminary results on the use of clay to control Pyrodinium bloom – A mitigation strategy. Science Diliman 18(1):35-42.
- Primavera, K., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, C. Villanoy. 2006. Development of a simple biological model of vertical phytoplankton distribution. Science Diliman 18(1):43-52.
- San Diego-McGlone, M.L. and V.C. Dupra. 2005. Chapter 3. CNP Fluxes in the Coastal Zone – Anthropogenic drivers for nitrogen and phosphorus in Southeast Asia. In Coastal Fluxes in the Anthropocene, Springer.
- Dupra, V.C. and M.L. San Diego-McGlone. 2005. Chapter 3. CNP Fluxes in the Coastal Zone – Inorganic nutrient fluxes in the coastal ecosystems of Southeast Asia. In Coastal Fluxes in the Anthropocene, Springer.
- De Castro, C.G., M.L. San Diego-McGlone, L.Talaue-McManus. 2005. Plankton variability in aquaculture areas of Lingayen Gulf. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist 88(2):213-223.