COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
Initiated as a Social Welfare Section within the Department of Sociology and Social Welfare in 1950 in the then College of Liberal Arts, the present College of Social Work and Community Development (CSWCD) became a separate Department of Social Work by 1961 and evolved into the Institute of Social Work and Community Development in 1969 through R.A. 5174 which was passed in 1967. Its reclassification as a full-fledged college was prompted by the University’s move to standardize the nomenclature of academic units performing similar functions. The CSWCD offers graduate and undergraduate programs in both social work and community development, as well as graduate programs on women and development.