College of Economics and Management

CEM traces its roots from the Department of Rural Economics (DRE) which was established at the UP College of Agriculture (UPCA) (now the UP Los Baños) in June 1919. In 1956, the DRE was renamed as the Department of Agricultural Economics (DAE), in accordance with the UPCA’s refurbished academic and research goals.

In 1975, DAE was weaned from its mother unit, UPCA, to form the Institute of Agricultural Development and Administration (IADA), with the late Dr. Pedro R. Sandoval as first Director. The IADA, which was composed of the Departments of Agricultural Economics, Economics, and Agribusiness and Development Management, continued to build upon the strengths of its agricultural economics foundation while steadily moving toward broader academic horizons and gaining wider perspectives.

Visite website for more information