The UP Resilience Institute was established as a proactive hub of benchmark innovative information vital to the nation’s efforts in climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Its mission is to empower local communities through multidisciplinary actions toward resilience.
As a response through its Memorandum No. PAEP-16-67, the UP Board of Regents (BOR) approved on 28 July 2016 the establishment of the University of the Philippines Resilience Institute (UP RI) to have the following functions and programs concerning multi-hazard, multidisciplinary, multisectoral, comprehensive disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM).
- Proposal to Establish the Resilience Institute at the University of the Philippines for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- PPT Presentation of Proposal to Establish UPRI for DRRM
- Approved Proposed Organizational Structure of the UPRI
- BOR: Creation of UPRI Trust Fund and Amendment of NOAH Trust Fund
- UP Gazette excerpts on UPRI
- UP Priority Areas for Action
- Guidelines for Research & Extension Fellows and Junior Fellows